At CV Pro we get many recommendations from past happy clients. If you trust the friend who recommended you that’s great, but remember, your friend almost certainly will be in a different type of job, different industry and have a different work history. If you wish; question the CV writer;
- Have they written CVs or resumes for that type of work before? If a CV writer has never written a CV for an accountant before, they may struggle!
- What is the resume writer's background? Have they been in HR? Have they worked as a recruiter? We have come across CV writers who have never been either, indeed have never been part of a recruitment process! How could they know what to include or not?
- Qualifications? There are many so called Master Resume Writers diplomas available online, especially out of the USA. They are dubious at best. We always recommend academic qualifications and REAL recruitment experience over suspect on-line Diplomas.
- Pricing. You get what you pay for like everything in life. As a general rule the more you pay the better quality end result you will get. Remember, there is no point cutting costs if the CV you receive won’t get you interviews!
- ATS compliance – Can the resume writer guarantee this? Can they provide you with an ATS compliance test report? If your CV is not compliant it may not able to be found in recruiters’ databases. You can read more about ATS compliance HERE.